TeamViewer Host setup

Pawel_Grochowic
Pawel_Grochowic Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi, 

when  I configure our Hosts with version 14 of Teamviewer by default is enabled option with random passwords. In the earlier versions (for example 12) there was no this option by default.

I can't see how to disable this option in our hosts by default.

I don't want to do this via policies because some of them I want to have random password. 

I want to have them like before.

How I can do this?

Regards,

Pawel

Tagged:

Comments

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @Pawel_Grochowic 

Thank you for your post. 

You have the possibility to create a policy within the Management Console to define the password strength for the relevant Hosts and assign the policy afterwards. 

If you want to disable a random password, you have to make sure to define Easy Access or a personal password within the reg.-file you deploy in order to be able to connect to the relevant device. Afterwards, no password will be displayed in the Host application. 

Please let me know if this could help you. For any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again. 

Looking forward to your answer and wish you a good start into the new week. 

All the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Hi,

thanks for fast reply but like I wrote I don't want to create policies for this. Please read again what I wrote. In hosts by default there was always no random password. On the instalation step I always type my own password. Everything was OK when I using Teamviewer hosts version 12, problem started when I choose new 14 version of app.
    Here is what my host is configured (there are no many options).

1.JPGPAWEL.JPG

• Anybody could help?