TeamViewer Portable is running in limited demonstration mode - but I am not using TeamViewer Portabl

Andritz-Esbjerg
Andritz-Esbjerg Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi,

Today, my company just relicensed a Corporate account with 6 channels that expired.

I already had TeamViewer 14 installed, which was working fine until today when the license expired.

After relicensing, myself and one of my colleagues can no longer use TeamViewer on our laptops. (However it is working fine for some of my other colleagues).

When I start TeamViewer 14, I get many many popups with the message "Teamview portable is running in limited demostration mode. Please sign in to your licensed teamviewer account in the computer & contacts list to unlock all teamviewer portable features."

Just to be clear, I am not using TeamViewer Portable, just regular TeamViewer.

Additional information:

TeamViewer displays "Not ready. Please check your connection" even though my internet connection is completely fine.

I cannot login with my E-mail and password within TeamViewer because the fields are greyed out.

In TeamViewer Management Console and on a different computer with TeamViewer installed I can login successfullly.

I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling TeamViewer 14 three times.

Please fix this issue ASAP. We rely on TeamViewer for remote support of our customers.

Tagged:

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @Andritz-Esbjerg

Thanks for your post.

Regarding the "limited demonstration mode": May I ask you to call our support team directly? They´d be happy to help.

And regarding the "Not ready-message": This was most probably connected to a degraded performance some users were experiencing. This has been resolved :-)

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• We have an active 3-channel corporate account.

All of our windows systems, since upgrading to 14.1.9025 every 2-4 seconds get the popup: "Teamviewer portable is running in limited demonstration mode..."  We don't use Teamviewer portable!

In addition, despite working perfectly prior to the upgrade, all now report "No connection to TeamViewer server, please check your internet connection..." so I am unable to login to our corporate account on any of these upgraded windows systems. No other configuration or change was made to these systems other than to install v14.1.9025

The windows systems with the previous version are working fine, ALL systems are on the same network with the same inernet connection/firewall.

• ...other info: By "Windows" I mean Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit.
  • Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @PhilipDowns

Thanks for posting.

Would you mind contacting our support team directly? They will be happy to assist with this topic.

Thanks and best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• I have the same issue. With TeamViewer i am more than 5 years. always renew license. I tryed to call by phone. even diffferent countries. all the same answer that peron is busy.

After a lot of cals finaly I was connected to live person. Told my support ticket numbeer and my license was unblocked.

The problem was that my distributor ordered license from xxx comapny witch didnt paid teamviewer for my license ant teamviewer just blocked it.

• normel
    normel Posts: 1

Cant you just suggest a solution in stead of asking to call support? I think thats the reason why support is so busy. Had to wait 40min, still nothing. I have the same problem. continiously popups

• In my case I had made a call to 3 different coutries. Only in Russia was answered to me. So, if You know couple of different languages, You can try different countries.

• In my case, suddenly proxy was enabled. I went to menu->Extra->Options.

Checked proxy settings. Selectred no proxy. And that solved it.

Why on earth that setting is changed after a new version?

• When PC had a restart, this demonstration mode message once again appears. Once again must go to porxy settings and set it to no proxy to restore the connection. They really messed up this time.