TeamViewer hangs when connecting - Initializing display parameters - Version 14.5.5819

DMcM
DMcM Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello,

I am trying to connect to a client who is using TeamViewer V11 on a Windows machine. I am using TeamViewer V14 on a Windows 10 as well machine however TeamViewer is hanging when trying to connect.

Occassionally this works I've been able to connect twice in 2 days after many attempts. When connected however after a period I experience a black screen which leaves me with no option but to disconnect again starting the process again.

Whilst on the connection screen as well, I can see a popup to upgrade the client's version to the newest version (I can't do this), this popup seems out of place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tagged:

Comments

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 918 Moderator

Hi @DMcM ,

thanks for reaching out to us. Welcome to the Community :)
    Could you please tell me the exact version of the operating systems? local and remote side?

Thanks in advance

Best, Alena

Spanish Community Moderator :)

• DMcM

Hopefully this is what you are after:

Local - Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.1006, TeamViewer Version 14.5.5819

Remote - Windows Server 2019, Version 1803, OSBuild 17763.437, TeamViewer Version 11.0.93231

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 918 Moderator

HI @DMcM ,

Thank you very much for the information. Yes, thant was the information I was looking for.

The remote side- Windows Server 2019, is not supported with the TeamViewer Version 11.0.93231. It may work sometimes but it is not officially supported and that is why TeamViewer is telling you to update the remote side.

Please have a look at this article: Which operating systems are supported? 

Hope, this helped. Let me know it you need more information

Have a nice day! Alena

Spanish Community Moderator :)

• DMcM

Hello,

We have now upgraded to version 14.7.1965 both locally and remotely and the problem still persists. 

Not only that if and when we get connected, after about 10-15 mins the screen goes black, leaving the only option to disconnect and then we are back to square one.

It would be great to get this fixed as we have paid for this service.