Posted by DSperber
Digon

TeamViewer windows go blank when Remote Desktop session active

I first reported this symptom in the TeamViewer version 13 forum, and it continues unfixed now in version 14, right up through the latest 14.1.3399.

The problem is that when a Remote Desktop Session is active (e.g. one or more remote extenders providing TV somewhere in the house are active, connecting to a Windows Media Center PC) both of the TeamViewer windows (main window and Computers and Contacts window) "go blank" and lose their populated data, making it impossible to connect with remote computers since no remote computers are shown and the login field and button are inoperative. In the main window my ID and PASSWORD also are blank, thus making it impossible for somebody else to connect to my machine.

This symptom appears instantly as soon as a WMC remote extender connects to the WMC PC, thus initiating an RDP session on the WMC PC. Both windows which at the time have perfectly normal fully populated data instantly go "blank".  And then as soon as the last remote extender RDP session terminates both of the TeamViewer windows instantly re-populate with all normal data again and all new connection functionality returns. But as long as one or more WMC extender/RDP sessions are active, no new remote connections are possible.

This is a very similar symptom to the VM Hyper-V session situation for which users reported the identical symptoms as I describe above, as long as one or more Hyper-V session was active. The problem was reported to TeamViewer Support and was supposedly fixed in 14.1.13880. However there was NO FIX IMPLEMENTED for the related WMC extender/RDP session situation, which is still a problem even in 14.1.3399.

I am a "free" user, so I get no support from the TeamViewer company. I would very much appreciated it if a licensed user who is also running Windows Media Center (win7) with remote extenders/RDP sessions and thus is experiencing the same symptom I am, would please report this ongoing unfixed defect to TeamViewer Support. They may have now fixed things for Hyper-V but the have not yet fixed things for WMC and RDP.

Please help by submitting a ticket on behalf of all WMC/RDP users. Thanks.

1 Reply
1 Reply
Posted by DSperber
Digon

Re: TeamViewer windows go blank when Remote Desktop session active

This problem CONTINUES to be present and un-resolved by Team Viewer even to the very latest 14.1.9025.

This affects not only me and my Windows Media Center "extenders" which connect to the HTPC using Remote Desktop Protocol, but also VM sessions for others.  When an RDP connection is active, or when VM session is active, the Team Viewer "Computers and Contacts" window becomes unusable to establish new connections.

Existing Team Viewer connections which are already active when the RDP/VM connections initiate are not affected, and they are allowed to continue operating.  But NEW Team Viewer connections are now impossible as long as the RDP/VM connection remains active, since the "Computers and Contacts" window is blank (i.e. no computers and contacts are displayed) and unusable for entry of password.

I repeat my plea with the Team Viewer company: is this really what you wanted?  How can you ignore this negative and harmful consequence of what the program does?  Do you not consider this a "bug" or "defect"? Don't you know you have users that use VM, and WMC, and Remote Desktop Protocol to "remote-in to other systems, like their office computers?  It is impossible to use Team Viewer when these other remote connections are active.

This problem has been widely publicized for a year now. It deserves your attention and resolution. It didn't used to be how things worked with older versions ofyour product, but about a year ago some new architecture you invented caused this symptom.

It needs to be undone.

PLEASE!!