Teamveiwer Freezes on Mac when trying to connect to other machines

RedBeard2012
RedBeard2012 Posts: 4
edited May 2023 in General questions

I just installed the full licensed version of Teamviewer 14 but every time I try to connect to a machine the machine windows opens but then the whole program hangs. I have to go into activity monitor and force close it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I have even gone as far as wiping my mac a rebuilding it from scratch, not a backup. I can't figure it out.

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,985 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @RedBeard2012

Thank you for your message.

Could you please tell us the exact version of your MacOS?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

Jean

Community Manager

• I'm using Mojave 10.14.5

• JeanK

Hello @RedBeard2012,

I think the problem is not that the program freezes, but that the remote control is not allowed on the remote side.

You will find all the information you need about how to allow remote control on Mojave in our Knowledge Base article here: How to control a Mac running macOS 10.14 Mojave

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers

Jean

Community Manager

• I apologize for the misunderstanding. I am connecting to Windows PC's from my Mac. These are PC's that I have connected to hundreds of times before. The connection is established fine between two Windows PC's but when connecting to these machines from my Mac it locks up my local machines instance of TeamViewer.

• Just talked to support and apparently this is a known issue with the very latest TeamViewer download for Mac (14.3.4730). Not sure if this is an issue for windows but it doesn't seem to be.

• Smilery
    Smilery Posts: 1

I have the same problem, is there a fix now?

Thanks!

• JeanK

Hello @Smilery

We have shipped a new version for MacOS: 14.4.2669

Could you please update your client on both sides and see if the problem still occurs?

Best,

Jean

Community Manager