Teamviewer 14 Preview on MacOS Mojave Unstable

adamb
adamb Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

I can install and launch it fine but it consumes massive amounts of memory/crashing frequently and connecting to other computers is laggy (almost like the network is slow but it is not). Tried on 2 different Macbook Pros and different logins running Mojave.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• BAAD
    BAAD Posts: 3 ✭✭

i got smth very similar with laggy connections on 14 pref and macOS Mojave 

in local subnet i use 2 devices 

1st - MacboocPRO runing Mojave 

2nd - Windows 10 PC 

on Mac i got very laggy connection when i connect to same remote host from windows all works great and smoothly

• Remote screen freezes to 3-4 seconds each time when mouse cursor changes. It appeared just after update to 14.

• Hello,

Here to chime in and confirm every reply so far.

We've installed the Beta (this exact version) on the latest version of Mojave (macOS Mojave 10.14) and I've experienced periodically sluggish connection problems and "view updates". When you minimize a window on the remote computer for example, it "hangs" for a second. If you type, you get to see the result like 2 or 3 seconds later. Like the computer is "slow" or the connection is bad, but both are NOT the case.

When removing the Beta and installing the stable release (v13.2.14327 at this moment) all these problems are gone. The transitions on the remote computer are smooth, the typing is not delayed, ...

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi all,

Thanks you for your reports.

We are working on the topic.

I will keep you posted.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Experiencing the same issues on Mojave latest TV14 beta.  Tried to remove it and reinstall TV 13, can't log in on TV13, after 2FA it goes back to login screen. Now I can't work as usual as a paying customer, I think TV14 is a huge step backwards as those issues look like early stage issues. 

Regards

Johannes

• BAAD

@Esther any info about this case? 

• Thanks, I have just installed and after I first test I couldn't identify any speed issues. But the login in bug is still happening.
    After I try to connect to one of my computers, TV logs out and automatically in again and after that I'm able to connect to the computer.
  • kmaybury
    kmaybury Posts: 2 ✭✭

I'm experiencing the same problem with both TeamViewer and TeamViewerQS. TeamViewer 14 keeps crashing.

Is there a way of reverting back to version 13?

• adamb
    adamb Posts: 2

You can delete it from the applications folder and then re-install 13: https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/download/mac-os/

• BAAD

updated to:  14.0.11436 and it works great for now i dont see more issues 

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback - we are happy to hear that it works with the new update :)

Have a nice day!

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • kmaybury
    kmaybury Posts: 2 ✭✭

I'm now having a problem with TeamViewer Host on a client computer. I've tried reinstalling it but TeamViewer Host is not assigning an ID or password, they are blank.

TeamViewer's reliability has been very shaky of late. Not very impressed at the moment.

• BudV
    BudV Posts: 11 ✭✭

I wish I could just get that far.  My Mac cannot even connect to another Mac running Mojave, but it gets along fine with a Windows 10 machine.   Does anybody else have this problem, preferably with a fix?