Teamviewer 14 does not login on ubuntu

gugaiz
gugaiz Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi,

I am using Ubuntu 18.10 with wayland and after installing TeamViewer 14 I can't login anymore, so I can't see my saved computers. After putting my username and pass it does nothing, no error, no reaction at all, it stays there.

I think I will need to go back to Teamviewer 13 to keep using it.

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• rem
    rem Posts: 2

+1

I only can login after system restarted. After a supend, I can't login, the login inputs are disabled...

• beast-usa
    beast-usa Posts: 80 ✭✭

I 2nd that 13 worked fine and the GUI was 100% better 14 is a mess in Linux. Even if you get the login working "18.0.4LTS" works it will crash randomly. It may crash on the first computer or 2, 3, 4... open file transfer...

It just doesn't work :( I'm going to uninstall it again, wipe it out and try to install 14 for winblows in wine. :(

• rem
    rem Posts: 2

yep! it's a shame because the shortcuts (Ctrl+c ...) work with version 14... but not in version 13.

the problem is that you always have to update TW to the last version because other people install the last version ... 

• How did the wine install go?

I went back to TV12 on Ubuntu14.04 which is perfect and where I started. I intend to do TV14 on Ubuntu 18.04 using wine as well.  The website detects my OS and I cannot find the Windows version for download from a Linux machine.  Waiting for support to give me that link.

I bought 12 in July of last year.  Added Premium in December of Last year so I could comment after each session and get reports for billing.  I had to buy that under version 13 which is an annual subscription.  That just bites because the comments do not appear after each session.  They just withdrew another USD $700 for something that does not work and that shoud have been a one time expense.  What a bait, switch to junk, and rather than pay once, you will pay this every year.

• beast-usa

14 won't install under wine. :( Well it installs but will not start, it runs in the background but nothing works. My wine is setup win xp/win 7 I did trying copying the whole folder & appdata folders from a win7 machine still no go.

I can't use 13 because as someone else said people upgrade to 14 then 13 doesn't work. Then you are forced into DOWN GRADING to **bleep** 14!

Saturday nights work it crashed 36 times!!!
    Sunday nights work it crashed 21 times!!!
    Tonight it has crashed 8 times ALREADY!

The most EXPENSIVE software I own and the only software I own that is frickin broken every year on the new version. :(

PLEASE FIX THIS IT IS JUST STUPID SO MUCH MONEY FOR BROKEN SOFTWARE!

Just go back to 13 script/code/GUI then TEST 14 and when it's 100% FIXED! Release a working version!

Or start start rolling out credits for every month it does not work we get a month added!

• beast-usa

Up to 18 crashes tonight and counting! 14 for linux is JUNK!

Gave up at 43 crashes back to VM windows! GRRRRR
    FIX LINUX!

• I recently updated to 14 on Linux Mint 17.3, and TeamViewer won't open anymore.

Then I downgraded to an older 14 version as suggested here – https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Linux/14-1-3399-UI-not-working-in-Ubuntu-14-04/m-p/51166/highlight/true#M3069 – and it worked:

$ sudo apt-get install teamviewer=14.0.14470

Before that I had version 14.1.9025, which did not work.

• mhb
    mhb Posts: 8
    Yes that solution worked for me too, using Linux Mint (Mate) 17
  • mhb
    mhb Posts: 8

But now it's stopped working yet the version is the same.  I can't enter password or anything on the login screen - it won't accept any keyboard input.  Tried rebooting. Any advice welcome.

• Im having same problem on mint 19.x

• awkward
    awkward Posts: 1

I have been experiencing the exact same issue for a while. Here is a workaround that allows TM to start viewing sessions and to connect to an account :

sudo systemctl stop teamviewerd.service
    sudo systemctl start teamviewerd.service
    teamviewer &

I am running Teamviewer 14.1.18533 under Linux Mint Sarah.

However, it does not explain why TM seems not to work properly on a "random" basis. Also, I've read at several places that some programs are known for "messing" voluntarily with users that bypass their free and non commercial agreement.

• roxton
    roxton Posts: 2

In terminal, execute

crontab -e

then append this line and save

@reboot sudo teamviewer daemon restart