Teamviewer Management Console

hdm
hdm Posts: 5
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello,

I'm trying to setup my Corporate Teamviewer settings in the Management Console. Though adding users is working out, and giving them a link to add their pc to my list.

The issue I have: I have some users who need Teamviewer to take over, not only to be controlled... Can I set the host up so that they are able to take over the customers' pcs?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @hdm,

Thank you for your message.

The TeamViewer Host can only receive connections.

If you have users you use incoming and outcoming connections, you need to install the Full version of TeamViewer on their computers.

You will find all the information you need about our modules in our Knowledge Base article here: TeamViewer modules

You can download the latest version of our TeamViewer 14 client here: TeamViewer_Setup.exe

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers

Jean

Community Manager

• hdm

Thanks for the answer

How do I connect those users to our users as well? Do they need both the host and the full installation or do I see this wrong?

• JeanK

Hello @hdm,

As the full version cannot be installed when a Host is installed, you will need to install only the full version.

This won't be a problem for you, as the full version can do both (incoming and outgoing connections).

Cheers

Jean

Community Manager

• hdm

Hi @JeanK 

Thanks again for the quick response.

I do understand that, but what I meant was: how do I make sure they are connected to our corporate license? Because if we just install the software, they get the free version if I'm correct?

Thanks!

• hdm

@JeanK 

I think I understand now.

One more thing though, if they do not yet exist in our User Management list, do they have to create a new account themselves? Or do we create the account for them? We will probably use AD to add all people soon, but for now we're adding them manually.

Thanks!

• JeanK

Hello @hdm,

Thank you for your message.

You can synchronize your users from your AD environment to your TeamViewer Management Console via the AD connector. You can download the AD connector directly via this link: TeamViewer_AD_Connector.zip

You will find all the information you need in our Knowledge Base article here: Active Directory Connector (AD Connector)

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers

Jean

Community Manager

• hdm

@JeanK 

Thanks for all the information, I'll be able to figure it out from here :).

Thanks,
    hdm

• JeanK

@hdm,

You are welcome!

We wish you a lot of fun with our product. :-)

We hope to see you soon posting in the Community again.

Cheers

Jean

Community Manager