UNABLE TO CONNECT AFTER UPDATE FROM V11 to V14.

pve123
pve123 Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have been hours going around the loop of installing updates and uninstalling and reverting back to V11. V11 works fine. It is through this I update to V14 so I had internet up until this point. Once V14 runs it fails to connect - not ready. Then I get the popup suggesting I have no internet and I need set my proxy. I don't have one. Other internet activity is fine. Restarting the TeamViewer makes no difference. Turning off ZoneAlarm makes no difference. Back to V11 and all is well again. This is repeatable. I am running Win7 64 Pro. Upgrade V11 to V14 on my XP laptop is fine on same LAN.

Tagged:

Comments

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi pve123,

Thank you for your post.

The operating system you use can be a reason why you can't connect.
    We are no longer actively servicing Windows XP. You can continue using the last supported version of TeamViewer on those operating systems, but we are no longer providing updates or fixes which are specific to them. See 
    this announcement for more details.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • pve123

Thanks for your reply Yuri. Its is not XP I am having the problem with. In fact XP on my laptop works fine. Its my Win7 64 Pro that fails to connect once updated.

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @pve123 ,

Thank you for your post.

In that case, could you please read the article below in order to setup the proxy?
    Which ports are used by TeamViewer?

Hope this will help you.

Best regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • pve123

Hi Yuri. Sorry but I don't have a proxy. The article you refer to is all about ports. According to this article TCP on port 80 is still available. Also it does NOT explain why V11 works and V14 does not.