Wake on LAN Stopped Working

superalf
superalf Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi,

Wake on lan via a public IP address (using Dynamic DNS) was working perfectly for me, right before going out on a trip, but when I try to power on my PC now it does not wake up. I'm using Teamviewer v14.1.3399 (I believe). Has this feature stopped working all of a sudden? I see that it has been an issue in the past (i.e. https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-11/Wake-On-LAN-Stopped-Working/m-p/718), just wondering if the feature broke again.

Tagged:

Comments

• Anyone?
  • jhollywd
    jhollywd Posts: 2

I am having the exact same issue with the public IP address (dyndns).  It used to work just fine.  If I remotely log into my router I can WoL. If I am on the LAN with TeamViewer, I can WoL.  Therefore, I am suspecting that there is some setting that needs to be tweaked in TV or the router to allow the Magic Packet, though with TV the router setting shouldn't matter.  As you said this was broight up before, but the TV technician just said it was a bug that had been fixed...  but that was like two versions ago.  I don't want to leave my router iopen to the world.  Can anyone help?