cannot get more than 1280x800 resolution

RMFH
RMFH Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

I am using teamviwer 14 against a windows 2016 server. My server is screen resolution 3840x2160 but my teamviwer client will only go to 1280x800. which means that some windows go 'offscreen' making may tasks impossible. If i scale the teamviewer the window becomes too small.

Windows Remote desktop works fine but I need to be able to use teamviewer.

Tagged:

Comments

• ChevyNovaLN
    ChevyNovaLN Posts: 6 ✭✭

I don't have a recommendation, but I do want to clarify.  You do or do not have a monitor hooked to your 2016 Server?    That's of course assuming it's a physical server.     Or are you dealing with a VM?

• RMFH
    RMFH Posts: 3

Hi,

It's a VM. (VMware)

• ChevyNovaLN
    ChevyNovaLN Posts: 6 ✭✭

I seem to remember there being some odd issues with resolution on VMs within VMware ESX/ESXi and that was related to video memory being assigned to the VM.   Though that had nothing at all to do with TeamViewer, it's the first thing I check when i have limited resolution.   Can you confirm you have at least 10mb of video memory assigned to the VM?  

Is the issue with 1280x800 only with Teamviewer? I assume if you open the console on the VM using vCenter or VMWare Player (not sure what you have) you are getting a higher resolution?  

Brian

• Correct, you need to up the video memory in VMWare, I did it to 20 mb and now have every res under the sun aviliable.

Cheers