Posted by gillbrooks
Henagon

forced upgrade to 14 and subscriptions cost question

Some of my clients upgraded to 14, I don't want to until they work out the bugs.

1] is a regular business license for 13 now a subscription and if so is the upgrade for me free until my anual subscription is due?

2] is it reversable [can I go back to 13]?

3] can I connect to machines that have already upgraded to 14?

4 Replies
4 Replies
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: forced upgrade to 14 and subscriptions cost question

Hi gillbrooks,

Thank you for posting.

1. If you have an subscription license, you can update to the latest version anytime without any extra cost.
  2. Yes, simply installed the version 14 and install version 13 again.
  3. Unfortunately not. A endpoint has to use the same version as yours or lower version. 

Hope this information is helpful for you.

Posted by RichardBurt
Trigon

Yes, this forced upgrade  because the remote hosts have updated is bad business practice.

Everytime a new beta version of TV is announced I just *know* I'll be forced to upgrade to continue supporting my customers ever though none of them are power users.

TeamViewer should find a way to put an end to this bad behaviour.

Posted by fashionepos
Henagon

Hi,

I agree, preview versions should not be pushed out automatically, until after they are fully released.

Why can there not be an preview opt-in? Possibly on the management console?
Posted by mardus
Digon

This is, very simply put, **bleep** **bleep**!
Not unlike Adobe, Teamviewer finds that constantly messing with the customers workflow is somehow considered good business practice. Well, you know what – it is not. It's super **bleep** annoying and it's wasting A LOT of valuable time of everyone involved.

So please quit with this **bleep**!
Thanks,
Everyone.