teamview protable is running

rickac
rickac Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

Teamview protable is running in limited demostration mode. Please sign in to your licensed teamviewr account in the computer & contacts list to unlock all teamviewer portable features.

I can't. Please help

Tagged:

Comments

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Dear @rickac,

Thank you for your post. 
    Do you have a licensed TeamViewer account?
    If yes, why are you not able to login into the Computer & Contacts list?  Do you receive any error message?

Best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Hi Natascha,

Yes, I have a business license. (over $500/yr) I also see that many others are having this same issue, just by searching the web with: “TeamViewer Portable is running in limited demonstration mode………

Rick

• Me too
  • Natascha

Hi guys, 

Thank you for your posts. 

The license activation with a Business license is not possible with TeamViewer portable. 
    It just fits for devices with the TV software installed, because it needs a service that is running in the background. So, please install the TeamViewer full version to activate the license. Depending on the version, you are able to license between 1 and 3 devices. 

For further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again :) 

Best,
    Natascha

• cugc
    cugc Posts: 1

In version 13 it was possible to add the license key to the teamviewer.ini file to get Teamviewer Portable licensed. If I knew this I would not have updated to v 14.

We use the portable version for a few users in our Citrix setup. I dont want to install the full teamviewer in our environment just because of that. 

• Natascha

Dear @cugc,

Thank you for your message. 
    If you have a Premium or Corporate license, you are able to sign in with a licensed TeamViewer account. Just with a Business license, it is not possible to license TeamViewer portable. 

The adding of the license key in the .ini is no longer possible. 
    here you will find a detailed description:
    Getting started with TeamViewer portable

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again :) 

Best,
    Natascha