Announcements

Shape the future of TeamViewer with our Product Team. Click here to join!

Posted by upatrono
Henagon

transfer group ownership from deleted user

Recently I removed an account which was owner of all groups in my TV console. Notification told me that all admin rights would trasnfer to my new account but looks like group ownership hasn't passed to me and I can do nothing about it. In group properties my new user is not listed to assign privileges to.

I created a ticket but support aint answering just like their call centre.

Any ideas?

3 Replies
3 Replies
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: transfer group ownership from deleted user

Hi @upatrono,

Thank you for your message.

Transferring admin rights does not mean, that you have automatically access to the groups of the account. Groups and the included computer and contacts are personal data, that is NEVER shared automatically. 

Do you have access to the removed account or are you in contact with the account owner? If so, please ask him to share the groups with you. If you have full access afterwards, you can move the computer and contacts in a local group of yourself. 

Hope this could help. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again. 

All the best,
Natascha. 

Posted by upatrono
Henagon

I was the previous and the new owner, I just removed the old account and wanted to transfer all admin rights to another existing one. The other account is removed.

Posted by Moderator Moderator

Thanks for the reply. 

If you remove an email address from the Management Console, the account won't be deleted. 

So, you are still able to log in with the "old" email address. There is just no license active anymore. 

Hope this could help. Please contact me again, if there are further questions. 

All the best,
Natascha