RoniLev Posts: 4 ✭✭

Why do i  get this message ?

backup_error.jpg

Thanks

Comments

• TotalPC
    TotalPC Posts: 87 ⭐Star⭐

Hello Roni,

You should receive an email with slightly more descriptive errors when a backup fails. There are many reasons a backup will show a failed status. If just 1 file is unable to be backed up, or several scheduled backups can't be performed (system off or having connectivity issues), or the backup is so large it's taking so long to complete the backup, that it shows failed until it completes. I had a server take a week and a half to backup. A couple days after I started that backup I was getting failed errors, but once it finally finished it was much happier. Are you getting those failed backup emails? What do they say?

TeamViewer user since version 6 (2010). We used other remote software programs (TVNC UVNC PCAny) for many years before.
  • RoniLev

Thanks Henagon,

It fixed it self . now it works fine.

a have another question please:

can i set 2 backups on the same device (in different hours) ?

Roni

• TotalPC
    TotalPC Posts: 87 ⭐Star⭐

Below are the only scheduling options for one device. Unfortunately you can't have 2 different policies applied to one device. I wish you could, that would solve some of my issues too. Though, with some effort you may be able to create a workaround. For example, share the folder of what you want the second backup applied to, then on another device map a network drive and apply the separate policy referencing the new network drive. I haven’t tried this yet myself.

Backup Schedule.png

TeamViewer user since version 6 (2010). We used other remote software programs (TVNC UVNC PCAny) for many years before.
  • RoniLev

hi there,

I created a policy to backup a Network folder (f:\MyDir)

In setup a backup from a device using this policy.

The backup start and finished without backup any file.

No error message or emails.

Is there a problem to backup from mapped network folder?

Any idea?

Roni

• RoniLev

Hi there 

Is the an option to set 2 backups on the same device?

I want to backup some file in 10:00 

and on the same device backup some file on 14:00

Thanks

Roni