A connection could not be established. Teamviewer not running on partner computer.

2»

Comments

• Restarting the service does not help me. I have users that are able to connect to a remote machine however, myself and at least one other cannot connect and get the message 

"A connection could not be established.  Teamviewer not running on partner computer."

This is a big problem for us because we need 24*7 connectivity. What else can we try?

The dialog that pops up actually says "Unable to Connect" 

"Teamviewer not running on partner computer."

So it's slightly different

• The dialog that pops up actually says "Unable to Connect" 

"Teamviewer not running on partner computer."

• It would seem that you didn't read the thread, people mentioned doing this step already.
  • I use only the (Personal Use) version, as I don't do much other than connect to check on download progress/background activities while I am out or at work. So the things that I'm doing aren't really important per se.

But that doesn't make this problem any less frustrating. My PC is booted, logged in, and has teamviewer running, and still it gives me this error.

Reading through this thread it seems that this issue has been long running with little to no support to fix it.

• Hi all,

I continue with the same error. I unnistall and restarted several times the service but keep the same getting the error. This is a little frustrate when you wanna do something and cannot connect.

• Go to the Apple menu

System preferences

Security & Privacy

Go to the privacy tab

Click the lock icon on the bottom left to make changes

insert your pw

Click unlock

In the sidebar select Accessibility

Click on + to add an application

Browse in Applications for TV

Click on open

Once TV is in the list with a checked checkbox you can go to the lock icon and click to lock the changes.

You should now be able to access and control mac with TV.

• Smithy
    Smithy Posts: 1

go to settings on your pc.

click on "system"

click on "power and sleep"

set sleep to "never"

JOB DONE !! 

• Smithy is correct.
  • I HAD the same issue and I solved it by launching the user management website and going to groups all and listed properties on the computer that is showing offline xx days and delete.

Now I can connect to my PC without any issues.

• mihail8
    mihail8 Posts: 1

I have the same probleme but i can't fixit with what you said.

Do you have a nother ideea to try?

• Rommy
    Rommy Posts: 2

Regarding Murhpy10's comments:

I suspect this is what is going on.  I have three computers on my account, 2 connect just fine after sitting for an extended amount of time.  The third that is giving me trouble has recently had Win 10 reinstalled and probably is still set to the default power setting to shut off after some period of inactivity.  The two that always work have that feature set to "Never while plugged in".  I'll check that setting when I get back home.

• @wredwards wrote:

I HAD the same issue and I solved it by launching the user management website and going to groups all and listed properties on the computer that is showing offline xx days and delete.

Now I can connect to my PC without any issues.

Thanks,
    That worked for me.

• Rommy
    Rommy Posts: 2
    Ok thanks. I'll check that out.
  • GopiR
    GopiR Posts: 3

This didn't work for me. Thanks for the suggestion.

• GopiR
    GopiR Posts: 3

Just an update. Eastern Massachusetts is experiencing very high wind conditions right now and I was just told by someone that power has been lost in the location where the remote laptop is. Duh. No wonder TeamViewer (TV) cannot be responding to issues such as this. Possibly, the causes are often out of TV's ability to resolve.

• manumoka
    manumoka Posts: 1

since most people here have tried most suggestions and they didn't work, and since teamviewer isn't helping with this, can someone please start posting the alternatives to teamviewer, mentioned above. thanks.

• Melonc
    Melonc Posts: 9

I'm confused.  I go to Properties for the Computer that shows offline and it shows that computer's ID, password, etc.  Did you delete the entire Computer from your list of computers and then re-connect and reset an account for that computer?  What exactly did you delete?  My properties does not show offline xxx days or any usage information for that computer.  Thanks.

• It worked just fine last week, but now I have this problem and can't connect remotely anymore.

Everything is running as it should, however a connection cannot be established anymore.

I'm connection from a Windows 10 PC to a Sony Android Tablet, with the specific software setup.

• karenelayne
    karenelayne Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have the same problem.  Almost every weekend, for some reason our network at work gets rebooted or something, probably for some maintenance issue,  and when that happens team viewer won't start up on the work computers until someone logs in on each computer and restarts it.  Therefore when I try to get in from home, I get a message that team viewer is not running on the partner computer.  This software is useless if the software has to always be open and running on the partner to work. Has anyone resolved this, or found another software that doesn't have this problem?

• john_g1
    john_g1 Posts: 2 ✭✭

i agree with karenelayne that the software is useless and the support is non existent. nobody answers emails and the wait time is so long on the chat que that i get timed out.