A file transfer is running notification (transfer has finished successfully)

JDS
JDS Posts: 3 ✭✭

Everytime I use a file transfer (copy/paste from local PC to remote PC) and disconnect the remote session I get this notification saying "A file transfer is running" with buttons "Abort file transfer" and "Cancel".

I am 100%sure that the file(s) I copied were copied successfullly so I click the "Abort file transfer" button. The session is then closed and my screen then starts showing a popup stating "Clipboard transfer aborted". I can close this, but it disappears by itself after about 30 seconds.

This notification is pretty annoying and I see from messages on the community that people report similar issues without even copying files. Sometimes with connections to multiple computers (which is not what I am using most of the time).

Is there a way to solve this?

My version of TeamViewer is 12.0.83369 and we have a corporate license with 3 channels. The "Check for updates" funciontality reports that there are no newer versions available for TeamViewer.

Best Answer

Answers

• JDS
    JDS Posts: 3 ✭✭

Nobody else having this? 

• I did not study when it occurs and when not but I get this message very often, too. I was concerned about a security issue, so I'm glad to read this post.

My configuration is for both PCs:

TeamViewer: 12.0.83369

Windows 10 Version 1703

• ciaoarif
    ciaoarif Posts: 1
    I get this too, all the time. Running normal Windows 10 (totally up-to-date).
  • TinFury
    TinFury Posts: 1

Yes I am having this EXACT problem.

• toshiki
    toshiki Posts: 1

Still having this issue in 2023...