Access control details window stays open

When I access on of my work computers a window opens that say Access Control Details.

This stays open Until I close it. This does not happen on my other computers.

Anyone know why?

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi CNC-Guy,

Thanks for posting!

It sounds like there are custom "Access Control" settings on the remote computer. When connecting to a device that does not have full access control enabled, the dialog comes up to notify you of what you will and will not be able to do.

For instance, using Access Control, someone can allow people to connect, but Deny VPN connections or Deny locking the keyboard and mouse.

These Settings are under, "Extras" > "Options > "Advanced" > "Advanced Settings for this computer".

I hope this answers your question. :)

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Sitruk
    Sitruk Posts: 2

Is there a way to surpress this window? In a corporate setting, where we configured the access for all our computers, we dont need a reminder every time we connect. It is a nuisance.

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi Sitruk,

If the access controls are set to "Full Access", then the window will not appear. However, in cases where there are some restrictions, then the window will pop up to show the level of access granted and unfortunately there is no way that I know of to disable this.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Rboxca
    Rboxca Posts: 1

I'm only having this on older servers running V8 Teamviewer Host application

Rick

• qscuser
    qscuser Posts: 1

On my new upgrade to v13 from v11, this Access Control Details panel does show up whereas it didn't before.  I would like to suggest the developers figure out a way (again) to suppress that message box as it is an annoyance to a lot of us.  The pop-up is on MY side of the connection -- there should be a way to "Suppress Access Control Details info box".

• Discord37
    Discord37 Posts: 11

I just started having this problem on my brand new laptop. I have everything set to full access. It shows in the pop up window scripts need permission to run. I don't see a way to allow scripts or not but it seems safer getting permission. It is also locking every time I disconnect from it which I do not want. I am 100% sure it's set to never lock.

Win 10
  • mmcnabb
    mmcnabb Posts: 2 ✭✭

This window is useless and annoying

• Jer-Cedar
    Jer-Cedar Posts: 3 ✭✭

We're having this problem also. Disappointing that after 7 years since this post was opened, the problem still persists in TV.

• alemanrt
    alemanrt Posts: 10 ✭✭

This window is annoying and teamviewer does not seems to care about complains from its users. We are going to move to other platforms anyways and not experience this nonsense FEATURE again.

• pateka
    pateka Posts: 2 ✭✭

Annoying dialog being nuissance confirmed.