Account deletion

Hello,

I want to close my Teamviewer Account (not this account, it's just a synonym because of login problems)

I can't login to delete another account that i used first because after the successful login i have to confirm this PC trough an email, wich doesn't exist anymore.

I tried to send a mail to service@teamviewer.com wich is given in the imprint - No answer

I tried to call the support - "Login to community.teamviewer.com" -> I have to confirm the mail

Now i created this account to delete the first account: applause Teamviewer

Please understand that i am annoyed so following:

I have the right to delete the account data if i terminate the contract (§35-2 BDSG)

For terminating i have to authenticate myself as contract partner of teamviewer. I did this with the combination of email and password.

I can understand, that you doesn't support telephone for private users but you should support at service@teamviewer.com

Best Answer

Answers

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @Don_Carlos

I hope this could help Delete TeamViewer account

Regards

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• OK: I can't login because TeamViewer first send a mail to as mailadress wich doesn't exist anymore. I have to klick on a link in this mail to confirm that this PC is permitted to access on the account. And because the mailadress does not exist anymore i can not receive this e-mail ergo I can not access my account (despite logindata)...

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @Don_Carlos,

sorry, you have reason, I've have't read your post carefully.

So: It looks like you're in a blind alley. 

How important is account closure for you due to the inability to reach the email box that represents the TeamViewer account?

In any case, I'll reply to you via PM with a suggestion.

Regards

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• Yeah right that's a "blind alley"

I wan't to delete the account because there are data wich are potentially at risk and also out of principle. I don't like it, if my PC-names, ip-addresses and PC informations (specifications, serialnumbers) are stored without a sense. Maybe tomorrow is a leak and this data are compromised.

• Don_Carlos
    Don_Carlos Posts: 4

Okay I re-registered myself at outlook.com to receive this mail. I don't know why there is a 2FA? I mean, when i have an insecure login or multiple operational locations for one password then i  am to blame myself :) And if you have the senders IP, the successful login and the information given about how many PC's are authenticated on this account then you should think about it...

• Supertramp
    Supertramp Posts: 21

Hello @Don_Carlos

If the question is how can I delete an account linked to an email address no longer in my availability, the answer is negative, for the reasons @Julia explained.

In any case, posting that picture I do not believe contributes. I'm sure you know that ;-)

The other questions about 2FA and security are discussed in this official page

See you soon.

The real programmer does not interpret dreams. Just compile them
  • Gerardv514
    Gerardv514 Posts: 7 ✭✭

Hello I have the same issue. Verizon cancelled the email account that I had used for the teamviewer account. I can still login to the teamviewer application on windows, but there is no option to delete the account from there. I attempted to login to the teamviewer account through the web browser, however I receive a message stating the account cant be confirmed ever being used on this browser, and that I need to open the email to add it as a trusted device.

If I can login through the application, why am I not allowed to delete the account from there? Or better yet why can't I login through the browser to delete the account. The email address and password that I'm using are clearly valid to login to the teamveiwer application.

• Julia, i want to cancel my account too.

I hope you can help me, if you do that i'll be the happiest man in the world.

Thanks 

• Hello,
    I'm also trying to delete my account. I upgraded my phone and can't login anymore due to the 2 factor authentication. I'll provide any information you need to process this.
    Please pm me for account details

Thanks
  • I also need to delete my account due to a failed attempt on 2 factor authentication. How do I do this.
  • apotato
    apotato Posts: 1

i recently had water damage on my phone and had to get a new one i tried logging in and forgot that my codes where on my revious phone. how can i delete my other acount.

• Hey you can veryfy me all the way you want, please ask me what do I have to provide you. I wan't to delete my ***Personal information removed*** account as I cannot access it, I have lost both my security code or recovery code, ***Personal information removed*** is my personal email where the otherone is my office one. I registered my office ID for a free account and that's creating problem using my office remote support with same ID, not sure how to explain it better way....and I am confused about what I did as I tried to login many times many way, if you could delete my account so I can create another one from the begining. Thanks.

• Hi, I need my account deleted due to lost of revovery codes.

I bought a new phone. I tried logging in and forgot that my codes where on my previous phone. How can I delete my acount to have an option to use it again?.