Admin cannot see admin popup/prompt when remotely connected

Remote user is needs to install software on my machine. He tried windows authentication as well as the password.

In both cases, when he clicks on an exe file, I see the admin popup on my machine but he sees nothing. We are using windows 10.

Im using teamviewer in run only mode.

Comments

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

Is your problem like this one? -- UAC Prompt Locks Mouse and Keyboard

Does the popup look like this?

UAC popup Windows 10UAC popup Windows 10

Can you click on the popup so remote support can continue?

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • ht1
    ht1 Posts: 4

No this is not my issue. The remote user does not see the popup at all. I see it, but he doesnt. He sees no change on the screen. He is therefore unable to enter the password for admin.

• Chiron

I have never had anything show up on the support side that couldn't be seen on the host side.

Just curious, are you connecting using Windows credentials that are different than the user?

Authentication Advanced OptionsAuthentication Advanced Options

• ht1

Here is the situation:

Me, the host: I am logged in to windows under my username. My username does not have admin privileges. I cannot login as admin, because I dont know the admin password.

The remote support has the admin password. He logs in using my machine's admin username and admin password into the teamviewer session by selecting windows credential authorization. (we also tried with my username and password, and also with just the teamviewer password).

When the remote user clicks on an exe to install it, I the host see the admin password popup. The remote user sees nothing change.

• Chiron

OK, I had it backward.

This is exactly like UAC Prompt Locks Mouse and Keyboard

• ht1

I dont see how this is the same.

In the case you linked to, the remote user actually sees an admin popup.

In my case, the remote user does not see the admin popup.

In the case you linked to, the remote user's mouse and keyboard is locked.

In my case, the remote user can still move his mouse, click on other things, type in the browser, everything EXCEPT see the admin popup.

I dont see how they are the same. Even if they somehow are, I dont see a solution there..

• MrRogers83
    MrRogers83 Posts: 2

I know it's been awhile since this question was posted, but I thought I'd respond as I was having the same issue only from the other side of it. I figured out how to get around it though. The User (You) needs to have Unattended Access setup.

In version 13 you can click on Connection in the top left which opens a menu which includes Setup unattended access. The Admin would ideally set this up before giving you the device, but you can always just tell them what you made the password if that's not an option. This will also give them the ability to switch between profiles on the computer, restart the computer without help from you, and even start Teamviewer on your end without you being there.

After I enabled this feature, I no longer am getting disconnected when the UAC pops up for permission.

Hope this helps!

• audymaccop
    audymaccop Posts: 5 ✭✭

@ht1 wrote:

Remote user is needs to install software on my machine. He tried windows authentication as well as the password.

In both cases, when he clicks on an exe file, I see the admin popup on my machine but he sees nothing. We are using windows 10.

Im using teamviewer in run only mode.

I ado see it, however he doesnt. He sees no change on the screen. He is in this way unfit to enter the secret key for administrator.

• My experience of this is that in order for the remote user to see and use the admin prompt for a password, the local computer needs to have Unattendend Access set up within TeamViewer.

• Pretty sure this issue is when remoting into Windows 10 and the local admin user account does not have a password (blank).  This was the issue for me at least.  I am the admin and when I connect to my branded client exe on the customer's computer, I was not able to see UAC pop-ups.  Also, when starting taskmgr I could not click on tabs or buttons, but could see the window.  Adding a password to the customer's local admin account fixed the issue for me.

• For me, this issue occurs when remoting into Windows 10 and the local admin user account does not have a password (blank).  This was the issue for me at least.  I am the "admin" and when I connect to my branded client exe on the customer's computer, I was not able to see UAC pop-ups.  Also, when starting taskmgr I could not click on tabs or buttons, but could see the window.  Adding a password to the customer's local admin account fixed the issue for me.

• zinc
    zinc Posts: 2

@N3RdP4W wrote:

Adding a password to the customer's local admin account fixed the issue for me.

You mean add customer user account to local admin group?

• No, the client computer (my customer's machine that I remote into) was setup with Windows 10, a local account (not microsoft account), and they had no password.  I just added a password for the local user account on the Windows 10 machine and then I was able to see the elevated privilege prompts that were popping up on the client computer.

• zinc
    zinc Posts: 2

@N3RdP4W wrote:

No, the client computer (my customer's machine that I remote into) was setup with Windows 10, a local account (not microsoft account), and they had no password.  I just added a password for the local user account on the Windows 10 machine and then I was able to see the elevated privilege prompts that were popping up on the client computer.

Thanks.

But does work for me, we are under domain environment, all users have password.

• Thank you!

• i have a solution. i have been working on it for a long time. you need to have the admin account password for the user. please contact me. i will help.

**Please do not post Personal Information**