After upgrade extra character automatically entered in Meeting ID field

MacBook Pro with macOS Sierra v10.12.2

I just updated TeamViewer to version 12.0.72647. After the update when I type in the Meeting ID field the letter 'm' is entered automatically even though I am not typing it. Even if I try to copy/paste a Meeting ID the letter 'm' is prepended in this field. My keyboard works fine. I've tried restarting, with no luck, then tried uninstalling/reinstalling TeamViewer with no luck. This was working just fine just before updating.

Best Answer

Answers

• aamber69
    aamber69 Posts: 7 ✭✭

There are no bad questions! And eggs are tasty. You may have just answered somebody else who had the same dilemma! :smileyhappy:

• Definitely no egg on your face. Should be on TeamViewer's!  How can they change the functionality like that?  For years, that's where you entered the partner ID.  Now you enter it in a completely different location, while putting something else that looks exactly the same in the old location?!  I thought the software had bugs in it and reverted to an earlier version.  It was only after seeing your post that I looked around and found the new location.  Why on earth they couldn't simply look for the 'm' at the beginning and if it's there, treat it as a meeting id, and if not, treat it as a partner ID is beyond me.  This was such a completely **bleep** change on their part.  Just **bleep**!!