Android Host - Can't transfer files to SD card

Chris204
Chris204 Posts: 1

Hi,

I wanted to use TeamViewer to transfer a file from my desktop PC to the external SD-card in my android phone. This doesn't work and gives me the following error:

grafik.png

I'm using theTeamviewer 12 on my PC and Host for Samsung 11.0 on my android phone.

The Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android 7.0

Tagged:

Comments

• Dear all

I have a strange issue here. I m connected to my windows 7 machine through my samsung galaxy A7. I wanted to copy some files over the Wireless lan to my android phone. I can copy files to only my phone memory and I m not ale to write to SD Card. When I copy to SD card suddenly screen will flash and no file is copied. Need help.

P.S : Antivirus disabled on Win 7 machine.

Regards

Praveen Vincent Vas

• One way is create a Folder Download using teamviewer in SDcard/Android/data/com.teamviewer.host...

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi Chris204,

Thank you for your message.

As of right now TeamViewer RC only supports file transfers with the primary external storage. In this case Android defines the built-in memory as first external storage (external just means "not the system storage"), so the you can only upload/download files from/to this storage.

Our developers are aware of this situation and are already working on a solution.

Right now there is no (easy) workaround to fix this issue, but if you are an expert and your device is rooted there is a chance for you to create your own navigation: creating a symlink (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbolic_link) in your first external storage pointing to the sdcard.

Unfortunately, we do not support this workaround and have only provided it as a temporary workaround for your perusal.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions...

Best regards,

Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • We have now Teamviewer 14 (in connection with Sanasung S8+, Android 8.0.0) and this problem obviously is still not solved. When it will be solved?