Black screen

ZachE84
ZachE84 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited April 2021 in General questions

Hello,

I am using the latest version of TeamViewer. I have a desktop running Windows 10 that has no mouse, keyobard and monitor plugged in. When i try to connect after it turns on, team viewer shows me a black screen. I have adjusted and tried everything. No luck. I also tried **third party content** - I get the same problem. So I have narrowed it down to the machine itself.

My CPU has an integrated chip, whcih works fine when the monitor is plugged in. I obviously dont want to buy extra monitors for my remote machines. I tried to install the TeamViewer Monitor Driver - it fails during install.

Any ideas? I've lost countless nights sleep trying to fix. Ive come here in desperation!

Thank you,
Zach

Best Answer

Answers

• ZachE84
    ZachE84 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and detailed response. I found a dummy plug and will try that. 

Thanks so much!!!

• gspeaks7344
    gspeaks7344 Posts: 1

I have 9 Monitor-Less computers all doing the same as you since the 13.1 update.  A workaround that is working for me is to click on Remote Computer VIEW tab then click on AUTO SELECT.  My screen appears instantly.  Hope it works for you

• DFWKen
    DFWKen Posts: 12 ✭✭

I'm really glad to see your post.  TeamViewer would be almost useless if it couldn't connect to a bare-bones remote computer.  

• Hi,

HAHAHA this is still the only tick ? OMG I cant believe that still no fix for this !

Thanks !

BR,

Alex

• "Unfortunately, this is a restriction of Remote control software - They don't work properly with headless systems."

That may be true of team viewer but **Third Party Product** works flawlessly for me on many headless PCs. 

Also, now with ver 15, I get the same black screen conrolling a windows 10 PC (not headless either) whether from a Mac or another windows 10 PC. And yet the same dumb workaround is needed - change view quality to lower or higher setting, and sometimes back.  It seems the issue is with your video driver, not whether or not you're controlling a headless PC. 

• Seriously? You replace the name of a competitor with **Third Party Product**

How **bleep** petty.  

**Third Party Product**

• ddfriel101
    ddfriel101 Posts: 1
    edited January 2022

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• simonnute
    simonnute Posts: 1
    edited January 2022

I have a large number of null monitor machines and like to say, TV is quite a costly product to be missing this feature.

[removed per Community Guidelines]