Bug personalization msi with reg

Hi,

Sorry for my english

I have a problem with my personal installer MSI, if a joined to insall the file named "TeamViewer_Settings.reg" i have the good password to connect but i dont have my personalisation. If i del "TeamViewer_Settings.reg" i have my personalization but i dont have my password.

Can You help me ?

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour,

Si je met le fichier "TeamViewer_Settings.reg" au même niveau que mon msi, j'ai bien mes paramétres de connexion avec le bon mot de passe, mais je n'ai pas la personalisation lié à mon compte. Si j'enléve le fichier "TeamViewer_Settings.reg" j'ai bien la personalisation mais pas mes info de connection comme le password.

Pouvez-vous m'aidé ?

Merci d'avance

Best Answer

Answers

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi Lombaerts,

The customization is not included in the .reg file. For the customization, you have to do the following:

Important is, that you first create a customized Host module in the Management Console to get the Configuration ID. Create the Host module with the account, you want the computer to be assigned to and choose a group, in which the computer should appear. Click on "Save" and open the module again - you should now see the Configuration ID at the bottom of the window.

To give the Configuration ID to the MSI package, you just have to rename the MSI file:

Example with Configuration ID "1a2b3c4d"

TeamViewer-idc1a2b3c4d.msi

Important is the "-idc" in front of the Configuration ID. You can read more about it on our Knowledge Base.

Cheers,

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • Lombaerts
    Lombaerts Posts: 3

It's my problem my file is named "TeamViewer_Host-idcgucj8jm.msi", if i launch this file without reg file it's work correctly, if a joined my regfile it's not work.

• Lombaerts
    Lombaerts Posts: 3

i have retry but now is ok...