Posted by NormAtHome
Digon

Can't control Windows 10 from OsX

I've got a Macbook and once in a while I use Teamviewer to control my home computer (Windows 10) while I'm away. It's worked in the past but suddenly I can view but not control my home computer. I've tried the reverse and I can control my Macbook from my home computer.

I've checked settings and as far as I can tell everything is set correctly. Anyone have any idea's?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Can't control Windows 10 from OsX

Hi @NormAtHome

Thank you for your question.

Could you check the advanced settings in your TeamViewer options on your Windows whether you have Full Access allowed or another setting like View and Show under Advanced settings for connections to this computer.

If you see Full Access here, you could check the settings on your Mac under Advanced settings for connections to other computers.

I hope this helps you,

Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started
Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区)

5 Replies
Posted by NormAtHome
Digon

Anyone? Idea's?

Posted by NormAtHome
Digon

Some help here please?

Community Manager
Solution

Hi @NormAtHome

Thank you for your question.

Could you check the advanced settings in your TeamViewer options on your Windows whether you have Full Access allowed or another setting like View and Show under Advanced settings for connections to this computer.

If you see Full Access here, you could check the settings on your Mac under Advanced settings for connections to other computers.

I hope this helps you,

Esther

Community Manager

Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

Highlighted
Posted by NormAtHome
Digon

Hi Esther:

Before I tried your advice, there was a version update for Teamviewer on both computers. I installed them and tried again with the same results i.e. that all I could do from the Mac was view but not control.

After that I checked settings on both computers as you suggested, everything was as it should have been but once I exited those options dialogs and I tired again to control my Windows computer from my Mac it worked this time.

I'm not sure what exactly was the problem but it's apparently fixed now, thanks for the help!

1 Reply
Community Manager

Hi NormAtHome,

Thank you for the update.

I am glad to hear that it works again!

All the best, Esther

Community Manager