Can't correct typo in account email address

When the account credentials were input to add a new device to my existing account a typo was made and obviously it did not get added. Now when we try to correct the mispelled email an error is returned stating the "email is in use" and will not allow us to update it. How do we get around this to properly add the device to my TV account?

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi @Westbrooks

Thanks for posting.

To be honest, this doesn't sound right at all.

1. You cannot "Assign" a device to an email address that does not exist as an account

2. The "Email address is already in use" only comes up when you are trying to create a new account with an existing email address, not when you are assigning a device.

I think there may be some confusion with the process you are following.
    Can you send a screenshot of where you are getting this error? (With personal details removed)

Thanks,
    -Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • How do you add a screenshot or attachment to a post?

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @Westbrooks,

You have the possibility to either answer a post and click on "photos" to upload a file or you can swipe over the three dots in the upper right corner of your post and "Edit Message". Afterwards you also click on "photos" to add one to your post. 

Hope this could help. Thanks and have a good day. 

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community