Can't reassign a host that is already assigned to an account.

designworks
designworks Posts: 17 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have found an annoying bug/defect in TV12 that previous support requests have just fizzled out on and no progress has been made.

I am hoping to get some community support for this so it might be addressed.

We have over 300 hosts that have been assigned to one of our TV accounts. What we are trying to do is reassign all these hosts to the System Admin TV account so that they aren't tied to an account that may some day be deactivated to an employee leaving etc. And so we can move the computers to new Groups that are under the ultimate control of the System Admin account in TV. Currently, moving computers that are assigned to one account, between shared Groups is not possible. Even with the correct share permissions in place.

However, without manually signing out of these hosts so they can be reassigned to the System Admin account, we have no way of doing so. Obviously, the manual process for 300+ hosts is to be avoided.

To confuse matters, when attempting to move the host from one shared group to another shared group that is created by the System Admin account, TV erroneously reports that the hosts need to be upgraded to the latest version of TV in order to be moved. (Yes, both accounts have full control of all of the shared Group folders in question.)

I have tried troubleshooting this issue with TV tech support and signing in as the different users in my TV client, initiating the move from the TV client and the TV web console. Nothing works. Last I heard was someone was going to get back to me about this and that some engineers were working on it. But I have not heard anything.Only manually removing account assignment from the host allows the host to be reassigned to a different account, thus allowing me to move hosts between groups.

Only manually removing account assignment from the host allows the host to be reassigned to a different account, thus allowing me to move hosts between groups as desired.

Can someone please let me know what is happening with this issue and if it's being worked on? I am leaving my list of hosts as-is in the hope that there is a fix forthcoming. (I really don't want to have to come up with my own workaround for this issue.)

And to the TV community, if you would like to see some automated support for reassigning hosts to different accounts, please raise your voice too. :)

Thanks in advance.

Tagged: