Announcements

Would you like to co-innovate with us? If so, we’d like to invite you to become product development partners with us. Read more about it in our announcement Launch of the TeamViewer User Focus Program

Posted by lemonro
Henagon

Cannot access inactive work computer

I work from home two days a week and when I try to access my computer at work from home, it will not connect because my computer is "asleep". When my coworker activates my computer (doesnt even have to log in) I then am able to connect. Is there any way around this so I don't have to depend on someone from work to activate my computer?

Thanks,

-Lauren

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by Iain_wels
Tetragon
Solution

Re: Cannot access inactive work computer

Hello lemonro,

Yes there is a way around this issue! You could setup a wake on lan. I'll show you in a short guide how to do it.

tvc5.PNG1. Go to "Extras". 2. Go to "Options".tvc7.PNG3. In the "General" tab you go to "Wake-on-lan". 4. Click the "Configure..." button and from here configure it with you're pc that you want to wake.

I hope this helps,

Thank you for using teamviewer!

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
Iain Wels,
ICT-Support
If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
1 Reply
Highlighted
Posted by Iain_wels
Tetragon
Solution

Re: Cannot access inactive work computer

Hello lemonro,

Yes there is a way around this issue! You could setup a wake on lan. I'll show you in a short guide how to do it.

tvc5.PNG1. Go to "Extras". 2. Go to "Options".tvc7.PNG3. In the "General" tab you go to "Wake-on-lan". 4. Click the "Configure..." button and from here configure it with you're pc that you want to wake.

I hope this helps,

Thank you for using teamviewer!

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
Iain Wels,
ICT-Support
If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people