Cannot connect to Teamviewer server since yesterday

Hi, 

I'm using TeamViewer 11 on an OSX 10.14 for free personal use. Since yesterday I cannot connect to TeamViewer anymore, my last successful login was at 7 am CET. I receive the error messages: "No connection possible - unknown error" 

The respective log.file outputs comprise: 

Connect timed out to master12.teamviewer.com:5938 

MasterConnect failed. ErrorCode=10

Connect failed to dest-ip :5938 with error 61 Connection refused

So I guess I have a connection problem with the TeamViewer server. I've already restarted computer and Teamviewer and I disabled IPv6 and UDP without success. 

Another Issue: Since two months my TeamViewer closes the sessions automatically after 5 minutes. I've already checked with TeamViewer that it is not a commercial-use-detected-issue. The pop-up just says something like: "your maximum connection time is reached, Thank you for using Teamviewer". The problem is, that reconnection is not possible within a couple of minutes making the usage of TeamViewer a little nerve-racking. 

Thanks for any help. 

Best Answer

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @wasauchimmer,

Thank you for your message.

I recommend you to update your TeamViewer to our latest version.

This should fix your connectivity issue and also the maximum time limit issue.

You will find all the information you need in our Knowledge Base article here: Enjoy using the best version of TeamViewer we made so far! - How to proceed?

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers

Jean

Community Manager

• Hi Jean, 

well, I updated my home computer but cannot update the computers I would like to connect to, as they are far away and nobody has passwords for them except me. And I cannot update them from remote, as I can't connect. It now says I cannot connect anymore because I can't connect to the old version.  So I reinstalled TeamViewer 11 and am now confronted with the original problem. Is there any other solution to the original server connectivity problem as it is not the 18th of June yet? Or is there any way to remotely update the other computer without connection? 

Many thanks for your help.

• Hi Jean, 

Thanks, good one. However, I used a different policy: "Install new versions automatically" with selection "all updates". Updates were installed immediately. Connection regained. 

Cheers, 

Jennie