Announcements

Would you like to co-innovate with us? If so, we’d like to invite you to become product development partners with us. Read more about it in our announcement Launch of the TeamViewer User Focus Program

Posted by uptickdk
Henagon

Changing ID

How can you reset the Teamviewer ID on a Windows 7 machine?   

3 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by Chiron
Hexagon

Re: Changing ID

I just did a test. Windows 7 64bit running TeamViewer 12 Host. Uninstall, made sure I checked remove settings, then I re-installed TeamViewer.

TV_RemoveSettings.png

The ID stayed the same. :manfrustrated:

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
2 Replies
Posted by Former Staff Jonathan
Former Staff

Hi guys,

Thanks for your posts!

The TeamViewer ID is unique to the computer or device that the software is installed on so there is not a way to change this. 

If you are concerned about security, like someone knowing your current ID you can read the following article to see how to secure your TeamViewer.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Features-for-bulletproof-support-with-TeamViewer/...

The section about Company Profile is only applicable if you are having a TeamViewer license, otherwise you can test it as a trial.

Hope this is helpful!

Jonathan

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Posted by donaldshimoda
Henagon

No... That we need is the chance to clone multiple times a virtual machine and then have the chance to CHANGE the TeamViewer iID on that machines... because ALL THEM get the SAME ID!!!! Uninstalling reseting data and re install DONT WORK! Why??? give us a solution because that is a serious bug!