Changing ID

How can you reset the Teamviewer ID on a Windows 7 machine?   

Comments

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

I just did a test. Windows 7 64bit running TeamViewer 12 Host. Uninstall, made sure I checked remove settings, then I re-installed TeamViewer.

TV_RemoveSettings.png

The ID stayed the same. :manfrustrated:

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 242 [Former Staff]

Hi guys,

Thanks for your posts!

The TeamViewer ID is unique to the computer or device that the software is installed on so there is not a way to change this. 

If you are concerned about security, like someone knowing your current ID you can read the following article to see how to secure your TeamViewer.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Features-for-bulletproof-support-with-TeamViewer/ta-p/3341

The section about Company Profile is only applicable if you are having a TeamViewer license, otherwise you can test it as a trial.

Hope this is helpful!

Jonathan

• No... That we need is the chance to clone multiple times a virtual machine and then have the chance to CHANGE the TeamViewer iID on that machines... because ALL THEM get the SAME ID!!!! Uninstalling reseting data and re install DONT WORK! Why??? give us a solution because that is a serious bug!

• You can just delete Teamviewer Registry Files:

(warnning this will also reset your settings, you can export settings before doing this under "advanced setting" tab)

First stop Teamviewer service and application (may need to use taskmanager)

delete \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TeamViewer 

and \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\TeamViewer

then restart Teamviewer Service

This should fix same id issue with cloned OSs