Chat voice via Teamviewer

BudV
BudV Posts: 11 ✭✭

Years ago, I had no problem doing a voice chat with my partner.  I think it was after an update that I lost that ability.   In the TeamViewer 11 Manual page 61, it talks about transmitting audio to your partner and step 1 says "During a running session, click Communicate in the Remote control window."  I don't know what the "Remote Control window" is, nor can I find the word "communicate" anywhere.

Can someone help me get back to the good old days when I could talk to my partner?

Comments

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi BudV,

Thank you for posting.

The communticate button is found in the toolbar while connected to the remote computer.

Please see my below screenshot
    Voip.png

In the local side, you are able to see the Menu bar on the top, and find the communicate tab.
    The click Call via Internet

Hope this information will be helpful for you.

Best regards,

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • BudV

My toolbar looks different from yours.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to insert it here -- the instructions are not particularly clear;  however, it reads:

Home      File Transfer     Actions     View     Audio/Video     Extras.

I'm using Version 13.2.14328.

Now what?

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi BudV,

In this case you are working on the Mac. Please click "Audio/ Video" in stead of "Communicate" button.

Thank you.

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • BudV

Okay, now I'm in familiar territory, and I think I'll be able to insert 5 screenshots that will tell my story.  After the 5th item, I still don't seem to have the ability to talk with my partner.

Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 5.26.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-11 at 1.12.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-11 at 12.46.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-11 at 1.13.23 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-11 at 1.17.00 AM.png

• BudV

Please don't give up on me now.  I know I'm (not) doing something stupid --  I just don't know what it is!   What should my next step be?