[Connect to partner] button not working

Hi,

I'm running Windows 10.  If I enter a partner ID and click the blue [Connect to partner] button, nothing happens.  The button does "move" in, but the green "ready to connect (secure connection)" message in the bottom left of the window does not change.  

Teamviewer 12 has previously worked on this PC..

David Elliott

Best Answer

Answers

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @PCS_Support

It´s good to hear, that the issue is already resolved :-)

Thank you for posting this update!

Best,
    Esther

Former Community Manager

• Tara1
    Tara1 Posts: 1

I don't even HAVE a "connect to partner" button any more.  Can't figure out how to connect!

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @Tara1

Can you please post a screenshot of your TeamVIewer, so that we see, what the issue is. Important: Please remove any ID from the screenshot before posting!

Thank you, Esther

Former Community Manager

• I am having a similar problem.

My Desktop is running Windows 10 and Teamviewer 12.0.83369 while my Laptop is Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 and Teamviewer 12.0.83369.  

I have reinstalled Teamviewer on both computers and am running the new Dashboard.

From the Laptop, connection to the Desktop works as intended, however I cannot connect from the Desktop to the Laptop.  

The Laptop appears in the list of "Computers & Contacts", and the Properties for it are correct. However, "Remote Control" has no items under "Partner ID".  

Ready to connect (secure connection) appears at the bottom but the "Connect to Partner" button is greyed out.

• Further to the above, I pulled ourt a spare Laptop which is running Windows 10, updated Teamviewer and it connects to both the desktop and other laptop.  The desktop sees neither.

I notice on the laptops that when in "Computers & Contacts" you can double click to connect to a remote computer.  On the Desktop, double clicking on remote computer showing in "Computers & Contacts" does nothing.