Control of Synology NAS by Google Pixle Chromebook

newbie alert,

Not certain this is the right board but it would not accept others

I have successfully set up my Synology NAS with teamview and it is working well from my PC I now wish to access the NAS from my Chromebook.  I have downloded the android app it has discoverd both my pc and my Synology. I can control my PC from the Chrombeook but when I try and acces the sysnology I get the following message on the Chromebook

"The remote devce does,nt support screen sharing.  For more information pleae conatct teanviewer support"

I am I just pushing my luck? or is there soemthing I may have missed?  Most grateful for any assistance

Roger C

Comments

• Hey Roger and TeamViewer,

I receive the same message when trying to connect to my Synology NAS with any of my Android (Kali Nethunter, or stock Google Pixel 3 XL) devices. I've tried with Android versions with 6.0-9.0 with the same result.

"Team Viewer
    The remote device doesn't support screen sharing. For more information please contact TeamViewer support."

@RogerC wrote:

newbie alert,

Not certain this is the right board but it would not accept others

I have successfully set up my Synology NAS with teamview and it is working well from my PC I now wish to access the NAS from my Chromebook.  I have downloded the android app it has discoverd both my pc and my Synology. I can control my PC from the Chrombeook but when I try and acces the sysnology I get the following message on the Chromebook

"The remote devce does,nt support screen sharing.  For more information pleae conatct teanviewer support"

I am I just pushing my luck? or is there soemthing I may have missed?  Most grateful for any assistance

Roger C

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

With regards to Synology NAS, please see this thread.
    It might be helpful.

If you have got the error message, such as "The remote device doesn't support screen sharing. For more information please contact TeamViewer support.", you most likely use the operating system which is not supported by TeamViewer.

Hope this will be helpful.

All the best,
    Yuri 

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Has anyone had a fix to this? If connecting from a PC to NAS works, how can it be the incorrect app file on the Synology NAS? Also My Synology NAS showed up the app in the list of available applications. 

Any help and assistance would be good.