Deploying Teamviewer Full or Host to Active Directory OU with Group Policy doesn't assign to account

As the title says, Deploying Teamviewer Full or Host to Active Directory OU with Group Policy doesn't assign to account or get them out into a group. I know the process changed in 13.1, but all the documentation gives four different, conflicting ways to install it. 

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello ExodusNetworks,

Thank you for your message.

If you want to deploy the version 13.1 or lower, please refer to this Knowledge Base article:

Deploy MSI for version 13.1 or lower

If you want to deploy the version 13.2 or higher, please refer to this Knowledge Base article:

Deploy MSI for version 13.2 or higher

If you encounter problem during the deployment of the .msi package, please open a ticket. Our support team will help you though the process and make sure your deployment will match your expectations.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Cheers

Community Manager

• ExodusNetworks
    ExodusNetworks Posts: 2 ✭✭

The assignment options on that page give options for assigning through msiexec.exe, which is how other deployment tools install MSI's, but through Group Policy's normal Software Installation process there is no way to add flags. Are you saying the normal way of installing software in Group Policy is no longer supported?

Assignment with the Windows MSI installer
    In order to do the assignment during the installation process, you just need to run your MSI installer and add the property APITOKEN and optionally the property ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS

Host client:
    msiexec.exe /i "Path\To\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn APITOKEN=<YOUR_APITOKEN> [ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="<YOUR OPTIONAL SETTINGS>"]
    Full client
    msiexec.exe /i "Path\To\TeamViewer_Full.msi" /qn APITOKEN=<YOUR_APITOKEN> [ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="<YOUR OPTIONAL SETTINGS>"]
    Assignment with the TeamViewer executable
    You can also do the assignment after the TeamViewer Host or Full client has been installed already. It's important that TeamViewer is started on the machine you want to assign.

Call TeamViewer.exe (or just Teamviewer) with the command "assign", followed by the property --api-token and your assignment options:

TeamViewer.exe assign --api-token <APITOKEN> [--group-id <GROUP_ID> --grant-easy-ac