Announcements

TeamViewer IoT is hiring! Check out the open positions here!

Highlighted
Posted by Skilly
Henagon

Did someone connect to my computer?

Hello everyone,

After being away from my running computer for 2 hours, I came back to the default TV window in the foreground centered (I had it off center in the background open before). This made me a bit paranoid, as it has never happened before. I checked the Connections_incoming.log and there's nothing there, but I think the 'hacker' could have easily removed the entry there.

I tried to decipher the log file for the past hour, but can't find any documentation on it. I was wondering if anyone experienced could have a look at the logs from 2017/08/15 specifically after 19:00 and tell me if there were any remote controls initiated https://paste.ee/p/1B9Yd

Thank you!

2 Replies
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Chiron
Hexagon
Solution

Re: Did someone connect to my computer?

NO GUARANTEES - I'M JUST A USER LIKE YOU!

User connections in the log file have a block of entries containing "Negotiating session encryption: client hello received from" and show the ID of the incoming device. I didn't see that in your log. But it does look like an auto-update ran around the time you mentioned. And you are suspicious because the TeamViewer window was in the fore-ground? It's possible TeamViewer updated and popped up when it was done.

I think you are OK, but your should take down the log file. It contains your ID and other info.

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
2 Replies
Posted by Chiron
Hexagon
Solution

NO GUARANTEES - I'M JUST A USER LIKE YOU!

User connections in the log file have a block of entries containing "Negotiating session encryption: client hello received from" and show the ID of the incoming device. I didn't see that in your log. But it does look like an auto-update ran around the time you mentioned. And you are suspicious because the TeamViewer window was in the fore-ground? It's possible TeamViewer updated and popped up when it was done.

I think you are OK, but your should take down the log file. It contains your ID and other info.

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
Posted by abhikmaitra
Photon

Actually TeamViewer is not spy Software. Its a legal Remote Desktop software but some Time its maybe hurtful for your pc/laptop/phone/tablet or any other device Just Because of the user permission.

READ MORE : how did teamviewer get on my computer