Duplicated TeamViewer 11 ID

Hi,

We are deploying computer using a cloning software (Windows 7). Within the intial image we have teamviewer installed. We have been doing this for years without any issues. Until very recently we started to have duplicated teamviewer ID (several computers with the same ID - at least 8 until now).

We are TeamViewer 11 user.

My questions are:
- what could explain the recent behaviour modification ? Why do we sundtly start to have issues ?
- how can we force Teamviewer to regenerated a new ID on the computers that are affected by duplicated IDs ?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Best Answer

Answers

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @LXSc 

Thank you for your post. 

I would kindly recommend submitting a ticket for my colleagues. They are able to assist you in this case. Please count the affected devices in advance and tell them the exact number. Please attach also the log files of the original device and of one of the images. 

Here you can raise the ticket. 

Have a great day and feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions. 

All the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• LXSc
    LXSc Posts: 4

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. The original PC was done in 2016, so I will not be able to supply any log about that one !
    Where can I find the logs you are mentionning ?
    (The strange part is that it is not systematic, some times we have the issue, sometimes not).

Thanks in advance.

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 916 Moderator

Hi @LXSc ,

thanks for your answer. Here you can find more information about the logfiles: How to find your log files on Windows and Mac and Linux 

Please let us know if you need more information.

Have a nice day, Alena :D

Spanish Community Moderator :)

• LXSc

Hi,

I am in discussion with the support. Thanks for the answers.

For those that could be interested : we did a Sysprep on some of the machines and indeed after restart teamviewer ID was changed.

What I currently wandering is: Is sysprep needed if TeamViewer is not installed in the original images, but only after deploying the image via a cloning procedure ?

• LXSc

Indeed the answer to my question is in your link:

"In general, we recommend installing TeamViewer only after the cloned operating system has been fully installed and is running. This is the safest solution, and applies to all supported operating systems."

Thanks,