Failed to Ping on Teamviewer VPN

I had some problems pinging after VPN is still connected. The "Share Files via Explorer" doesn't work either and I had problems establishing a connection of other software over the VPN channel.

After some trial and error including deinstalling vpn drivers and so on, I deactivated the IPv6 option on the Teamviewer VPN Adapter. After this, the connection works as it should.

Win10: "Network and Sharing Center" --> "Change Adapter Settings" --> "Teamviewer VPN Adapter" --> Right Click --> "Properties" --> Uncheck "Internet Protocol Version 6"

In most cases IPv6 is not needed by now and therefore this will not result in any unwanted consequences.

Comments

• Thank you. That totally solved my problem.

• WileyOne
    WileyOne Posts: 1

Me too.  Except that disabling IPv6 on both sides of the VPN did not fix it.

What else can I try?

• dyress_ai
    dyress_ai Posts: 3

First time, this solution worked.

After Windows 10 Update and also update to TeamViewer 13, I cannot make it work.

• JimPeta
    JimPeta Posts: 1
    In Network and sharing, Look for a Network Bridge and remove it. This is causing the Ping problem. At least it fixed my situation.
  • zelezni
    zelezni Posts: 2
    Thanks a lot, tomt!
  • alexmatthew
    alexmatthew Posts: 3 ✭✭

Thanks. That was the solution for me as well. VPN was working last night. Today no go untill I disabled IPv6

@tomt wrote:

I had some problems pinging after VPN is still connected. The "Share Files via Explorer" doesn't work either and I had problems establishing a connection of other software over the VPN channel.

After some trial and error including deinstalling vpn drivers and so on, I deactivated the IPv6 option on the Teamviewer VPN Adapter. After this, the connection works as it should.

Win10: "Network and Sharing Center" --> "Change Adapter Settings" --> "Teamviewer VPN Adapter" --> Right Click --> "Properties" --> Uncheck "Internet Protocol Version 6"

In most cases IPv6 is not needed by now and therefore this will not result in any unwanted consequences.

• Leovaz
    Leovaz Posts: 1

Hi everyone, in my case I have disabled the IPv6 protocol and I cannot ping. I have the latest version of Windows 10 (in the previous version I was able to ping). What could have changed?

• nvb
    nvb Posts: 1

I restarted the Adapter and it worked.