Former **Third Party Product** user: How best to share? Groups seem limiting

garvey
garvey Posts: 2
edited October 2022 in General questions

Hey all,

The performance of TeamViewer absolutely blows **Third Party Product** away. That said, **Third Party Product** did do some things better and one of those things is allowing other people access. **Third Party Product** allows you to share individual machines with as few or as many people as you want. 

From what I can tell, TeamViewer uses groups and a machine cannot be in more than one group. Is this accurate? 

Background on our TeamViewer setup: IT manages it and will be the ones using it 99.9% of the time. We would also like to leverage it for the few folks that require access to a small number of machines. We want to use groups so everything is centrally managed.

Sample scenario:

• PC 1: Abby, Bob and Charles need to access.
  • PC 2: Abby and Bob need to access. Charles should not have access.
  • PC 3: Abby, Bob, Charles and Dean need access.

In this circumstance, would I need three different groups due to the different computer accesses? We don't know the ins and outs of the product yet so hopefully there's something we're missing.

Thank you for your time. 

Comments

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

You are correct. I've been dealing with this limitation also. The "groups" are more like folders or OUs. Devices and Members can only be in one group.

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.