Announcements
Posted by mafede
Digon

Free license

Good Morning
I've been using Teamviewer for years and I've always done well.
I always use it in the same way, to make remote connections within my home's intranet, or to connect home from the outside, either with the iPhone, with the iPad or with the work computer.

Since a few days ago, he says he has detected a commercial use, and disconnects me.

How can this topic be reviewed?

Thank you

15 Replies
15 Replies
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: Free license

Hi @mafede,

Thank you for your post. 

TeamViewer is free for personal use

If you connect to a work PC, this is considered as commercial use.

In this case, please contact our Sales Team to find a suitable solution for you. 

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us again. 

Have a great day and all the best,
Natascha

Posted by mafede
Digon

Thanks for your quick response.

But I understand that if the connection is from the work PC to the home PC, clearly the use that is given to the Teamviewer is personal, something else would be if the connection were from the PC at home to the work.

I would appreciate being able to maintain the service as I have had to date.

regards

Posted by mafede
Digon

I'm wainting for a solution

Thank's

Hi @mafede,

Thank you for your reply. 

As long as one of the devices is in a commercial environment, it is defined as commercial use. 

You can try and fill out the form to request the unlocking of your ID:
Why do I see 'Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected'

Better to not use the devices in the company environment... Maybe you can connect from your mobile to your home PC - in the cellular network.

Hope this could help. Wish you a great day. 

All the best,
Natascha

Posted by mafede
Digon

Thank's

Posted by JohnBlumstein
Digon

What a nonsense.

What about this scenario:

I'm self-employed and I have Teamviewer installed on my main pc, which is used  for business AND for personal purpose. 

I'm doing some online support for a company which owns a commercial license and therefore gives me their special QUICKSUPPORT module. 

So ALL (!) commercial work is done via the Quicksupport module.  The "full version" is ONLY used for connecting with friends I play some games with.

Do you think I need a commercial license?

Posted by JohnBlumstein
Digon

And btw I'm getting no "commercial suspected" message ... but I get disconnected after 5 minutes. I am using Teamviewer 12. Or is this maybe a "feature" cause this version is about to be deprecated.

Posted by DutchArjo
Digon

I'm at home doing support for my mother who has printer-issues. But every 5 minutes I'm disconnected again. Only because I am using my works laptop. I am not even at my work environment, I am at my own home. The only thing that is commercial is de laptop is have from my work. and because of that, teamviewer is now saying I am a commercial user? What has changed? I never had this issue. And apparently, Teamviewer is not able to correctly identify commercial usage. 

So Teamviewer demands I use my private laptop to do some home/private support? 

Posted by JohnBlumstein
Digon

@DutchArjo: which Teamviewer version do you have? 

Posted by mafede
Digon

Posted by DutchArjo
Digon

14.1.18533. My mothers laptop still has the old 11 version.
Posted by JohnBlumstein
Digon

Dutch, are you sure it's not only the old Teamviewer version that produces the timeout? I would try to install v14 on mother's laptop.

After updating my v12 (that had the timeout issue) to v14 its working fine here. Hope it stays that way ;-)

Posted by vijone
Electron

@Natascha 

Hi, 

I have been using Team viewer for several use for personal use. I have never used it in works environment. But I use my works laptop at home. I use the latest version. In the last 6 months, the team viewer gets disconnected in 5 minutes and is asking me to wait.

When I am not using team viewer in "work environment", why is this happening. I have always praised team viewer for providing this free and good quality service for personal use.

Can you please offer a solution in my case.

Kind regards

Hi @vijone,

Thank you for your post. 

Can you maybe provide the exact message that you receive? 

Thanks in advance and all the best, 
Natascha

Posted by JohnBlumstein
Digon

I never received such a "commercial usage" message, but anyway tv (version 12) said "time out" after 5 minutes.