Full control given, but unable to move computer

So I've created bunch of groups in the contacts list with computers in them in Teamviewer (using v12 and v13 with colleagues, v8 and v10 hosts in remote computers).

Previously with v10, my colleagues were not able to move the computers in the list between groups. But with v12, given that they had full control for the two groups a computer is moved between, this should be possible.

So why on earth when my colleague is attempting to move the computer to another group, it tells that it can't be moved because the target computer has an older version of Teamviewer?

I mean it makes no sense. A list controlled and taken care of by ourselves and I still have to be the one managing the computers between groups?

Comments

• Iain_wels
    Iain_wels Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hello tonskudaigle,

Okay lets get this straight. You moved up from teamviewer 10 to teamviewer 12 because you want you're colleague's to be able to move computers from groups? Is there a problem with moving a computer and it says that the teamviewer version on the remote end is to low? Or is it that you can't connect to that lower teamviewer?

Thank you for using teamviewer!

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
    Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
  • tonskudaigle
    tonskudaigle Posts: 6 ✭✭

@Iain_wels wrote:

Hello tonskudaigle,

Okay lets get this straight. You moved up from teamviewer 10 to teamviewer 12 because you want you're colleague's to be able to move computers from groups? Is there a problem with moving a computer and it says that the teamviewer version on the remote end is to low? Or is it that you can't connect to that lower teamviewer?

The underlined parts are true :)

• Iain_wels

Hello tonskudaigle,

It is a bit strange because there is no need for connection to move a computer from a group to a group... Do you have a screenshot? DONT SEND YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION!

Thank you for using teamviewer.

Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
  • tonskudaigle

Exactly my thoughts as well. I don't have this problem, but then again I have founded just about all the groups we have.

Asked my colleague to move this one computer with the alias [ID removed] to another group via properties window and this is what he got.

large.png

• Iain_wels

Hello tonskudaigle,

Do you see what it says on top?

Check YOUR inputCheck YOUR input

Do you know what the version of the remote teamviewer is?

Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
  • tonskudaigle

Remote teamviewer is version 10 Host. The screenshot is by my colleague as I don't have the same error popping up (as the one founding the groups).

• Iain_wels

Hello tonskudaigle,

This is just a thought! Maybe they don't have the permission to move the computers and is this a false message. Could you check their permissions for moving computers?

I hope this helps,

Thank you for using teamviewer.

Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
  • tonskudaigle

They do have "full control" permissions in the groups. I triple checked it.

UPDATE:
    He was able to move another computer though (also with Host 10 version) between the same two groups and to same direction.