Hacked

Okay so this is what happened. I was on my phone two nights ago and noticed I was getting weird emails for gift card websites and they were disappearing. I kept refinding them and then more kept coming in. So I ran out to my home computer and sure enough there was something in the bottom corner of saying that somebody was connected to my computer through TeamViewer and a bunch of windows were open including my email and all of those gift card websites. My problem is I just made this account today just to get help because I emailed TeamViewer and they are not really helping me. So anyways I close everything down including the TeamViewer session scan my computer get rid of any viruses shut the internet off and shut the computer down. I guess what I'm trying to ask is how can somebody get on to my computer through TeamViewer when I do not even have it installed on my computer and I did not even have an account at the time?

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @Notsoperfect187

I am sorry to hear what happened to you.

To answer your question right away: If you started the TeamViewer QuickSupport module and allowed access to a person by confirming a connection request or giving him your TeamViewer ID and password a connection is possible. You do not need the full version of TeamViewer or a TeamViewer account for a connection.

I recommend the following:

1. Read this article: TeamViewer and scamming
    2. Contact our privacy team via the report a scam form on this page: https://content.teamviewer.com/en/report-a-scam/
    3. Contact your bank if any payments have been done
    4. Contact your local police station and report the incident

I hope that everything will be fine again!

Stay safe, Esther

Former Community Manager

• I was no where near my home computer, I gave no one permission, AND at that moment I did not have a teamviewer ID.
  • Esther

Hi again,

In this case it does not look like there was a TeamViewer connection. You need to have a running TeamViewer for a TeamViewer connection.

All the best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Please help!

• Esther

Hi again,

Since it does not look like a TeamViewer connection since you did not have a TeamViewer on your device, I recommend to visit your local computer store or a family member who is familiar with computer issues and explain them what happened. I am sure they will be happy to help you.

Stay safe, Esther

Former Community Manager

•  This is exactly what it looked like down in the bottom of my computer screen . This is just a picture I pull off of the internet  but  it was what was on my computer screen.  Except it did not say help desk  it said  something like remote connection . So you're telling me there's no way  if I do not have TeamViewer installed on my computer that they can get in  with the team viewer software .?  If that is the case  then how did they do it? Screenshot_20180221-101202.jpg

• Esther

Hi @Notsoperfect187,

if you saw this module on your device, it looks like you had a TeamViewer running on your computer. As mentioned before, you do not need to have a TeamViewer full version installed on your device: If there is a TeamViewer QuickSupport running, a connection is possible.

I recommend again to do the 4 steps I mentioned in my first reply.

Thanks and stay safe, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Same here remote access on my iPad deleting and or stealing info. I didn’t put this on my iPad.
    My future ex husband did
    [personal information removed]’
    Locking my SIM card

• REPORTING THIS TO BBB

• Huh?