Harassment "Your partner uses a newer version of TeamViewer"

I was angry customer. Please end the harassment "Your partner uses a newer version of TeamViewer. Would you like to update TeamViewer now it etablish and connection". Is it really wrong that you are not able to make a program that will at least partially compatible between versions. We can work with customers who have legally purchased and other versions do not currently have any interest in the update.

Best Answer

Answers

• bitflipper
    bitflipper Posts: 2 ✭✭

Agreed. I just had a customer who'd just downloaded Teamviewer 12. I am on ver. 11.

I got a dialog telling me the other end was using a newer version, and would I like to upgrade. If I say no, I do not want to upgrade, it just gets into an endless loop and I cannot connect to the user.

If I say yes, it tells me I'll have to re-purchase Teamviewer.

Rock <-> hard place!

Are they telling me I have to pay again to keep using TeamViewer? **bleep**?

• bitflipper
    bitflipper Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thanks for replying, Jonathan.

I have settled on a solution. I will provide my customers with a link to version 11 and ignore the annoying advertisements that pop up. Problem solved for now.

• Tracy
    Tracy Posts: 1

Can you not just get them to end the service for TV12 and then rerun your TV11 link?