How do i change back to the previous version of teamviewer after the latest update?

Hey how do i change back to the previous version of teamviewer after the latest update?

Best Answers

Answers

• 1. As a paid Teamviewer user, it would be great if you could stop pushing Teamviewer updates via your product, or instead allow paid users to use any version of the product. As it currently stands, Teamviewer support are so BAD at their job, I typically spend more time trying to remotely downgrade teamviewer than I use teamviewer to remotely solve problems... not related to teamviewer

2. The previous versions of teamviewer link goes to a 404 error. I don't want to tell you how to do your jobs, but this is a fairly elementary test you could be performing on your web site and further exacerbates problem 1.

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @teamviewrwankrs 

Thanks for your message.

1. Please feel free to change the TeamViewer settings accordingly under Extras --> Options --> Advanced --> Check for new version: Never. and Install new version automatically --> Updates within this major version.
    2. You´re right. The link provided above was incorrect. I corrected it. Also, please have a look into our Knowledge Base to find all the relevant information Where can I download older TeamViewer versions?  

I hope this information helps you.

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @HMRB-002-01 

Thanks for your post.

As a customer you can find the links to the download pages here: Where can I download older TeamViewer versions?  

We are asking our free users with older versions of TeamViewer to update to the latest version of TeamViewer, in order to continue using the software. More information can be found here: Updating to the latest and greatest version of TeamViewer. 

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• wright_is
    wright_is Posts: 7 ✭✭

The page only lists previous major versions.

I received 14.3.4730 and it has broken out support ability (the -B (binary 64 password) parameter won't accept B64 passwords!

So, until the problem is fixed, I'd like to roll back the latest update to 14.1.x or 14.2.x.

• wright_is
    wright_is Posts: 7 ✭✭

Hi Julia, super!

Worked like a charm. Now we can get back to work! ;-)

• MaryD
    MaryD Posts: 0

What worked for me is I uninstalled T.V., reinstalled latest version, opened program, clicked Extra, clicked activate license, clicked in email to "trust my computer". I was back in business.