How do you help to onboard new team members?

Esther
Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi Community,

When a new employee joins the team, it's always an exciting time for everyone!

But, the team also needs that new addition to quickly get to grips with their responsibilities - especially in IT support, when your customers are in need of help.

How do you help to onboard new team members, and get them up to speed as quickly as possible with their role?

Looking forward to your insights! 

Best,
Esther

Former Community Manager

Tagged:

Comments

• mLipok
    mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐

You are asking how I teach my  new employer how to work with my clients ?

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @mLipok

Yes and no :-)

I am curious to hear, what methods you are using to get your employees used to TeamViewer, so that they get used to your TeamViewer- or customer support-routine as quickly as possible (Management Console, Service queue, Computer & Contacts list, etc.). 

Sorry, if my question was not clear enough.

Thanks in advance!

Esther

Former Community Manager

• mLipok
    mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐

I am curious to hear, what methods you are using to get your employees used to TeamViewer, so that they get used to your TeamViewer- or customer support-routine as quickly as possible (Management Console, Service queue, Computer & Contacts list, etc.).

We are using Computer=Device list. We are also using some Ticketing System.
    This 2 systems are integrated thanks to TeamViewerAPI into our own CRM system.

ComputerList is organized in a way which shows to employer not only a client name and company name, but also a type of service which we are supporting for customer.
    This is very important as we have different accounting/billing system for different customer/service type.

We are also using SVN to share resources, as we are devoloping few tools, and many scripts, and templates for documents, so we need to keep on eye what was changing.

I hope my answer is little or less related to what you was interesting to hear.

Regards,
    mLipok

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP