How to install TeamViewer on Windows 7, 8 and 10

Ticket number #3196721

I am unable to set up TeamViewer onto my PC.  when I begin to install it I get a message 'Rollback Framework failed to initialise'  Please send me help on what to do to fix this problem. 

Best Answer

Answers

• LKP
    LKP Posts: 1

I can't seem to get the installation to work at all. I keep getting the "rollback framework" error. I followed all the pervious suggestions, it didn't work. 

It errors out when I select to install it with the "current user" option but it won't let me select the "run the program as the following user:". Every time I put in my PC user name and password it tells me it's incorrect. 

I'm the only user on my PC and I am logged in as the administrator so what else could be causing this issue? 

• The MUCH easier way to install on win 10 is:

-Right-click on the downloaded file and click Run As Administrator

It will install simply

Its that that simple..

Have a nice day

@Scotty wrote:

Hi!

I know you have already received a response elsewhere, but I wanted to post the answer given to you for others.

Anyone experiencing this issue, can you please follow the below instructions?

-Please remember never to follow instructions you don't understand.-
    -Please be careful when editing anything in AppData or when editing registries-
    -All instructions are at the users own risk, a mistake can cause a lot of problems so BE SURE!-

1) Completely uninstall TeamViewer. Go to Control Panel>Programs and
    Features>Uninstall or change Program>Teamviewer>Uninstall

Make sure you check the option “Remove settings".

2) Hold down the Windows key on the keyboard and press the R key. This
    will open the Run box.
    Type %appdata% and hit enter. Alternatively, type %localappdata% for local
    app data. That will open the Application Data folder.
    Normally the folders are present in:
    C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Roaming
    C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Local

Delete all folders with TeamViewer name.

3) In Windows search field type "regedit" command and press Enter.

Open path:

(for 32 bit machines) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and delete TeamViewer folder.

(for 64 bit machines) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node and delete TeamViewer folder."

Restart your PC.

3) Download the latest version from our website and install it again.
    https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/

Have a good one!
    -Scotty

• Hi Scotty,

My install of Teamviewer was working well yesterday and now it won't work at all.  When I click the Teamviewer shortcut the following message comes up:

Windows cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe.  Make sure youhave typed the name correctly, then try again.

TeamViewer is in that location.......