How to install "full" Teamviewer on existing Teamviewer Host remotely?

Hello, sometimes I have to install the Full Teamviewer Software on existing Teamviewer Host. Of course the new installation says there is an existing Teamviewer running and stops. Is there any convient way to do this remotely?

Best Answer

• Jeremy
    Jeremy Posts: 106 Staff member 🤠
    Answer ✓

Hi @jakobssystems,

Yes, it's possible to remotely install the full version of TeamViewer onto a computer that already has the Host module installed!

To do this, connect to the remote computer running the Host module, and click the Files & Extras menu on the toolbar above the session window. Then click the Install button, and select "Install default TeamViewer".

I've you've already created some custom Host modules in the Management Console, you'll also see those listed under the Install button too. This allows you to install one of your custom Host modules over the top of the existing Host module that is installed on the remote computer.

Regards,
    Jeremy
    TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer

Answers

• Jeremy
    Jeremy Posts: 106 Staff member 🤠
    Answer ✓

Hi @jakobssystems,

Yes, it's possible to remotely install the full version of TeamViewer onto a computer that already has the Host module installed!

To do this, connect to the remote computer running the Host module, and click the Files & Extras menu on the toolbar above the session window. Then click the Install button, and select "Install default TeamViewer".

I've you've already created some custom Host modules in the Management Console, you'll also see those listed under the Install button too. This allows you to install one of your custom Host modules over the top of the existing Host module that is installed on the remote computer.

Regards,
    Jeremy
    TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer
  • On PC it might work, but not on Mac Version of Teamviewer.

• macinfosys
    macinfosys Posts: 1

Any update on this for a Mac user?

• Any update on this for Mac users?

Especially in this case:

• Support Agent on macOS
    • Target machine is on Windows TeamViewer Host
  • TL2023
    TL2023 Posts: 1

I am using a Mac with the full version of TV. Tried to remotely update a Windows machine and could not find the option. Further to that, using windows to remotely update another windows machine 'looks' like it's doing it, but when going back to the machine I 'thought' I'd updated, it still had only HOST on it.

I will continue to test, but wanted to keep the thread alive.

• Sirous
    Sirous Posts: 2 ✭✭

Can we do the opposite?

I mean, installing custom Host on a pc that already have the TeamViewer full version?

• I agree with what TL2023 wrote on February 8th.