How to unlink a corporate license

Hi guys,

i'm using TV for many years now for both private and business use. In my company we have a corporate license (I'm not the manager of the licenses, I just "use" them).

Yesterday I noticed that the corporate license is somehow linked to my TV account - which is not what I want; these licenses do not belong to but to my company.

I found no way to unlink this license from my account - dropping the account would not be an option because I would loose all my computers in the contact list etc.

Any solution? Maybe it is possible to save the settings of my TV account, drop it and re-import the settings (minus the license)?

Best Answer

Answers

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @mbianchy

Thanks for your post.

We recommend having separate TeamViewer accounts for your work and your private connections. With this you can have your license on your work account and use the private account for your private connections without getting in trouble with your employer.

Most of our users have a work email which they are using for all work related stuff and a private email account from a regular E-mail provider (like gmail or hotmail or any other provider) which they use for their private account.

myname@companydomain.com = licensed with my customers and colleagues in my Computers & contacts list

myname@privateemailprovider.com = unlicensed with my family members and friend in my computers & contacts list

I hope this information helps you.

All the best, Esther 

Former Community Manager

• Dear Esther,

actually it is not solving my problem - it is telling me how to prevent it in the future.

Some years ago I started using TV (both business and private) and very soon I found it handy to have a TV account, which I created with my private mail adress. Now 8 years later I found out it is not a good idea (however I never had an issue with that so far). All I want to do now is to get rid of that corporate license connected somehow to my account. (There's just a few number of computers I need for business purposes, I can remove them from my accout and put them to my corporate account)

Is there some way to just get rid of that license?

• Hi Ester,

I tried several times the last few days but as soon as I enter my mail address and click "submit" to actually open a ticket I always get an "404 page not found error". A good way to reduce support tickets :D

Now serious: Any other way to open a support ticket?

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi again,

Well - that doesn´t sound too good. Luckily we have this Community :-)

I will try to generate a ticket on your behalf.

Let me know, if it worked for you!

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• zagon2
    zagon2 Posts: 1

how to unlink my private email account to my company licence?

• Beldman
    Beldman Posts: 1

Same here!

• I have the same problem but it dosen't seem like Teamviewer is up to give any support on the issue.

I can't find anywhere to submit a ticket for help. When I press "Submit a Ticket" I get to a page where I don't see anywhere to submit a ticket. When I call you (tried around 8 - 10 times on different days and time) I get a voice telling you are busy and can't come to the phone. I even tried to make a post here at the community, and all I get is:

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• There was an error while attempting to post your message. Try again in a few minutes.

Nothing is highlighted and I can't submit it.

Best regards,
    Jesper Breum