Announcements

Would you like to co-innovate with us? If so, we’d like to invite you to become product development partners with us. Read more about it in our announcement Launch of the TeamViewer User Focus Program

Posted by JohnnyReaction
Digon

Hyper-V installation on a Windows Server 2016 VM

I can successfully install Teamviewer on a Windows server 2012 Hyper-V installation VM and on a Windows Server 2016 VM.

Teamviewer work fine for the Windows Server 2012 VM.

On a Windows Server 2016 VM it installs and I can connect from it to other Teamviewer clients.

Yet I cannot connect to the Windows Server 2016 VM from another Teamviewer client.

Am I missing something?

4 Replies
Posted by JohnnyReaction
Digon

Re: Hyper-V installation on a Windows Server 2016 VM

Something to do with "enhanced multi user support" I was able to login by using the ID number - but this is daft as I cannot connect by clicking on the machine icon in the interface.

Would turning off  "enhanced multi user support" fix the problem?

Posted by JohnnyReaction
Digon

How might one turn off "multi user support" anyway?

Managed to connect from the icon but it keeps losing connection.

This product was better before - please fix it quick as it is very expensive and I might consider a cheaper alternative!

Highlighted
Posted by Former Staff Jonathan
Former Staff

Hi @JohnnyReaction,

Thanks for your post!

Sorry about the trouble you are having with your set up. There could be a number of reasons that the connection is not working as expected.

That said, since you mentioned that you have a license we ask that you contact your local TeamViewer support center to get your question resolved.

All the best,

Jonathan

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Posted by wbpluto
Henagon

Fully support you!
Teamviewer was great, but not now.
I have Windows Server VM connection problem, Business license limitations, so many bad problems. I really want switch back to RDP or VNC.