Announcements

Would you like to co-innovate with us? If so, we’d like to invite you to become product development partners with us. Read more about it in our announcement Launch of the TeamViewer User Focus Program

Posted by bsjcook
Henagon

I have two laptops with the same TV Id. How to correct?

I have a mess going:  I gave my older macbook pro to my daughter after wiping it and reinstalling the latest OS.  My new laptop comes up with the same TV ID number and I cannot connect with her machine.

Richard Cook
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by bsjcook
Henagon
Solution

Re: I have two laptops with the same TV Id. How to correct?

Katharina,

Your suggestion and Julia's link cured the problem immediately.  Thank you so much for your help!

Richard Cook
3 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by Former Staff Katharina
Former Staff

Hi bsjcook, 

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

Please have a look at the following two threads:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-12/ID-is-the-same-on-2-Macs/m-p/6746

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-11/Change-TeamViewer-ID-on-clone/m-p/391#M104

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to post back here or in one of the threads I pointed out.

All the best,

Katharina

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks!
Posted by bsjcook
Henagon
Solution

Katharina,

Your suggestion and Julia's link cured the problem immediately.  Thank you so much for your help!

Richard Cook
Posted by Former Staff Katharina
Former Staff

Hi bsjcook, 

I am glad to hear that Julia's post helped you fix your problem this quickly :)

If you have any other questions or ideas related to TeamViewer, feel free to take a look around and post! 

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks!